Treasure Of A Mother Shepherd

 Take a walk with me.  I remember when she invited me out for lunch. We met at The Red Lobster. It was her way to make me feel welcomed, this CA girl who moved to NY. I thought she was so funny. Then, I learned that if you sat next to her in church, you were in for some really funny remarks. I didn't understand at the beginning who I was really spending time with. The first time she saw RJ, she thought he was the most beautiful baby. She even attended a Grandparents Day event with RJ when he was in Nursery School. I will never forget the gift she gave me one year for my birthday. It has a heartfelt card and a wrap in it. I was always freezing in Bethel and she gave me a beautiful black one for church. If she is reading this right now or if it's going to be read to her, she's going to make some type of sarcastic remark that she's still alive. Yes, she is and I thank God for that. I want her  and the world to hear about her impact on mine and others lives while she is still living. Who am I talking about? I am talking about someone I and many call Mother Shepherd otherwise known as Sis Betty Davis.  She had to have an emergency operation this past week. She is in need of your prayers.  I love this precious Lady. I ask that you say a prayer for her.  She has gone through a lot, seen a lot and said a lot. I am sure, refrained from saying a whole lot too. Sis Betty Davis, thank you for your kindness to me. Thank you for laughing at everything, but never being irreverent. Thank you for keeping it real. Thank you for letting me sit next to you in church. Thank you for praying for RJ.  Thank you for giving me a wink and a smile with a little wave of your hanky when our eyes met.  You poured out love and wit on everyone you met.  Thank you for being you. I love, honor and cherish you Mother Shepherd Davis. Take a walk with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sound OF Freedom-My Story

One Month

When Grief Rolls In