Such A Time

 Take a walk with me. One thing I have learned is that when you give of your time to serving others, it fills you with joy. I truly believe that one day in the house of God is better than a thousand elsewhere. I was raised this way and I intend to continue to raise RJ to be this way.  There is something to be said about making yourself available. Thus, when Bro.  Walker started preaching his sermon today, RJ just looked at me and smiled. We gave of ourselves today and even though we were tired, we felt good in our hearts and spirit. Bro. Jonathan Walker preached about Esther being made for such a time as this. He was appealing to Bethel as a church family to rise up and start filling the gaps. To put themselves in a position to support the Davis Family (our leadership) as they are going through this season of sickness. He also preached about giving our lives to God and asking Him to have his way. He ended the sermon with " Here I am Lord" The entire congregation sang it together as a prayer. The sweet presence of the Lord filled the sanctuary.  Our Bishop, his wife, Our pastors and his wife are all facing some intense things. It's a lot for one to suffer, but for all four of them at once, it's heavy to carry. I know they are in good spirits and trusting in the Lord. I know all the right things to say. But I appeal to you the reader to say a prayer for them. We do have the spirit of God within us. We can stir up that gift. However, we are also human.  This is a lot for them to carry.  Prayer makes all the difference. Take a walk with me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sound OF Freedom-My Story

One Month

When Grief Rolls In