Smiles From Kenneth Gabrielsen



 Take a walk with me into the sanctuary. Walk past to one of the two tables that had been decorated with great care. Take in each photo showcasing the smile of Kenny. Turn and pass the flowers and stop to see a large photo of a gentle soul who passed from this life at a very young age. Kenney Gabrielsen was quiet and kind. When I passed the pew he would be sitting in, he would give a gentle nod and sweet smile as I passed by. I wish I could tell you I new him better than I did, but I knew he was kind. Tonight, family and friends came together to give memory and honor to Kenny. Each person had a funny story to tell, one involved cake and lettuce. One thing is sure, he was deeply loved and is very much missed. Pastor Davis spoke with great compassion and shared his own memories. When you walk with the Lord and you lose someone no matter what age they are, you mourn. Even when you  mourn you have a hope and a peace. For we know that Kenny has gone on to his heavenly home.  To live is Christ, do die is gain. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord. When the memorial service had ended, there was a peace  that surrounded everyone. We are grieving, but there is a hope and a strength that comes from the Lord that carries us. This is what peace beyond our understanding looks like in action. God is good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sound OF Freedom-My Story

One Month

When Grief Rolls In