The Hardest Goodbye

 Take a walk with me back in time. It's my baby shower and I am getting ready to open my gifts. Little Joseph Ferragamo was so excited that I was going to have a baby that he decided he wanted to help me open my gifts. He was the best helper. I was still relatively new to Bethel. I had moved out here from CA, got married soon after and a baby quickly followed. There was a group of us that were pregnant all at the same time. Our kids over the years became the close friends. Birthday parties went from one month to the next. Fast forward four years and I am sitting on the pew in church with RJ. Next thing I know this little girl has managed to crawl under all the pews from the very front to mine. We were in what is now called the Davis Fellowship Hall. Jolie's parents were both involved in music ministry and were on the platform. She and RJ became fast friends and the next thing I knew he was giving her every girly thing I had in my purse. They remained close friends over the years. Soon after came Jessica with her fashion sense and spunk. Over the past few recent years, pretty much every one of those ladies that I was pregnant with, that RJ has grown up with , their families have moved out of NY.   Saying goodbye to each of them hurt. I am so happy for them and I truly believe that when God tells you it's time to go, you go. It's been very hard on RJ to say goodbye to one friend after another. There are a few that remain and I hope and pray it stays that way. Saying goodbye to Joe, Jen, Joseph, Jolie and Jessica, this one hit hard.  Not just for RJ and I, but for the entire church. When Pastor Davis had his heart attack, Jen stepped up and carried the music ministry and continued to do so for about 11 years. Joe, well Joe is just multitalented and he poured it into everything he could.  Please understand, I truly am very happy for them. The doors to make this change have flown wide open for them. I rejoice with them for all that is waiting for them in their future. I know that NY is home for me, RJ and I are not leaving. So, to my dear friends who have moved away and especially The Ferragamo family, my door will always be open to you. I will miss sharing an exciting new song I heard with Jen. I will miss our long talks that carried on way past our kids playdates. I will miss praying with you in church. I will miss hearing you sing at Bethel with your voice of an angel.  A huge hole is being left behind. I have confidence that people will rise to the occasion. Even in this confidence there is only one Joe, Jen, Joseph, Jolie and Jessica.  Thank you for giving of yourselves to Bethel. Thank you for the gift of your friendship. RJ and I will miss you a great deal. I wish you all the best on this new journey you are taking. God does all things well. 













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sound OF Freedom-My Story

One Month

When Grief Rolls In