Be Of Good Cheer

 Take a walk with me into a Bethel Sunday. Bro. Victor Jackson has been here for a revival. Normally it would have been a Youth Concert, but due to COVID no concert this year. However, Bro. Jackson has been preaching with such insight. A lot of us have been dealing with some things.  On a more personal level on Friday night at the youth service it was as if he was talking directly to RJ. It helped RJ in such a great way. Church felt like full Bethel today.  The freedom of worship that swept all over the congregation, made my heart overflow with joy and thanksgiving. Bro. Jackson preached on "Be Of Good Cheer" from Mathew 14:22-33. You can listen/watch it here. I urge you to watch this sermon! I took notes. He was speaking so quickly and under such an anointing that some of my sentences are not complete. Then mid sermon the tears streaming down my face made everything blurry. What he was preaching on hit so close to the mark to how this past year and half has been during this long drawn out divorce.  His words were speaking life to my heart and soul. It was also answering questions I have placed before God over this past year and a half.  I felt as if God was whispering in my ear to keep hanging on it's about to end and what I have for you and RJ is going to blow your mind, just keep trusting me. Bro. Jackson started off by making a statement that mental and emotional storms are greater than the physical storms. The disciples were in a mental and emotional storm because they had just found out that John the Baptist had died. They were  at the point of an emotional breakdown, they were at their breaking point. What God is wanting us to do is to hold on to Him. So many of us are at a breaking point. The breaking point is the place for our breakthrough. Hold on to God when you feel like giving, up that's the moment that pushes you to hold on. You are tired, fatigued when you wake up and go to bed. You are worried about how your family is going to get through the storm you are going through right now. The very place you feel is going to fall apart is coming together. Sometimes you want to get away to think. The disciples went away to heal and 5,000 people followed them. They had nothing left emotionally and yet in this place God performed a great miracle. After this took place, Jesus knew a storm was coming and he put them on a boat and did not get on with them.  Sometimes he allows the storm to come. Do not resist the storm. You will get your joy and dance back. You may be trying to survive emotionally and mentally. Trust God for there is a revelation in the storm that you can not get anywhere else. If you are ever going to get a revelation of God it won't be when everything is good in your life, it will be when you are holding on for dear life during the storm. It's in this place you will see God's glory and find a greater depth in Him. You find the deep seated glory of God when you are in a drought in your life. This takes you into another level in God. Sometimes the answer sneaks up to you in the back door and you turn around and say look at what God has done. You look back at the hell you went through and you see that God was working behind the scenes. It was while they were on the ship during the storm, Jesus came walking across the water. Peter came out to greet him. This entire situation showed that God trusted them with the storm. They needed it so they could  have the posture to handle what was coming. The storm postures us, puts us in the position to handle extra gifting. Something extra is coming for you in your life. Just hold on. You may feel like you are sinking, go ahead you are sinking right into the palm of His hand. He is with you and He will give you the capacity to endure. By this point tears were streaming down my face and I just could not write any more. It has not been easy to go through this over the past year and half. One thing I have learned is that God has been with me through it all. He has healed many broken places inside of me. He has made me new. The smile on my face comes from a depth of joy that God placed inside of me. Over the past two weeks it has felt like a whirlwind has been taking place.  God has been moving things into place so quickly that I stand back in amazement. I know this whole ordeal is about to end. When God says so, the wind will stop and new life will begin. As I wait, I am holding on tight to my savior. I trust Him completely through it all. God is good.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sound OF Freedom-My Story

One Month

When Grief Rolls In