When God Is Made To Make

 Take a walk with me into a Bethel Sunday.  I love Sunday. I love being in church. I love being Apostolic. Today Bro James Wilson was the preacher. I think this was the first time I have heard him preach. He is just as anointed as a preacher as he is a minister of music.  Before he preached another evangelist got up to greet the church, Bro. Landon Gore. I smiled to myself. A new generation of preachers are rising up. My generation of evangelist for the most part, with a few exceptions, are now pastoring churches or are full time missionaries. These are the preachers my son will be looking up to. I was encouraged by what I saw and heard today from both of these evangelists. RJ has a book he likes to have visiting ministers sign. He was pretty excited to get them to write in his book. I watched him and my mother's heart was full. I'm glad he looks up to those who give their life to Kingdom things. Bro. Wilson preached a sermon entitled, "When God Is Made To Make". It went hand in hand with what we have been hearing over and over for the past few weekends. However his sermon seemed to tie them all together. It was as if, God was saying, I think you finally heard what I have been trying to tell you, now I will do a work in you. You can watch/listen to it here. His main text was taken from Numbers 16:1-3,20-30. At first when he read his text I was wondering where he was going to go with it.  Then as he began to preach I just bowed my head and whispered a thank you towards heaven. God is getting ready to make something new.  Bro. Wilson first started by talking about animals who have a unique line of defense when they are backed into a wall. He talked about how when this happens there is a physical response that rises up from within them to allow them to fight back. It's contrary to what you expect to happen, but when it does take place, they are able to break free. Many times when we think that things just can't get any worse, something else is revealed. We can be encouraged because our God can not be backed into a corner. Nothing takes Him by surprise. Many times he allows things to happen. He does not cause it to happen. People make choices out of their free will. Sometime these choices affect us. God sees it and steps back and watches. As we get up by getting on our knees in prayer our faith is put into action. God steps in and a miracle takes place. When God moves it's above and beyond what we could ask or think. It's so much so that others who are watching will see and know that only God could have made a way where there was no way. He is a waymaker. Nothing catches God off guard. He will make a way out of now way. He will do it with the same power as when he spoke the world into existence. When we say there is no way out of this situation, God says He will make a way. He then said something that stood out to me. God is not asking for perfection. He is asking for submission. We are not perfect.  I truly believe the Lord is coming soon. However, even in this present day and time there are many who are hungry to know about God. There are many who desire to know what the Bible says to be true and want to live it out loud. To be honest, currently in my life I am backed into a corner. I need Him to make a way. Even in this present situation, I have not lost my joy. I have not lost my hope. How can this be? It can be, because I believe what was preached today. I trust that God will make a way for me where there seems to be no way. He will step in and say enough and with His spoken word bring a new thing to pass. I am believing for and expecting for something beautiful. I am believing and expecting for above and beyond what I would ask or think. There is a song by Lauren Daigle called "Rescue". It has encouraged me many times.  I love it so much. Every time I listen to this song in Spanish or English it ministers deeply to me. The Spanish cover done by Priscilla Bueno is  beautiful and many times on repeat in my home and car. I would love to hear it in Chinese.  You can view/listen to it in Spanish here. You can view/listen to it in English here.  This song fits today's sermon. He will rescue you. God is good.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sound OF Freedom-My Story

One Month

When Grief Rolls In