To Love Like Stan Jones




 To love like Stan. What does that mean? When I heard of the passing of Stan Jones, the first thought that crossed my mind is who will love like Stan Jones? How do I properly give tribute to a man who had a way to make you feel at ease? Simple, kind and gentle that was Stan. On Sunday's he would bring a van filled with people to church. He was a friend to the friendless. He believed and poured hope into those that others would pass by and not give a second thought to. He showed the love of Jesus to everyone he met, simply by showing kindness. He truly lived as you have done it unto the least of these, you have done it unto me. Stan was a father figure to those who had none. Stan was a friend. Stan was faithful. Stan was a servant.  He spent countless hours teaching Bible studies. He would take a friend out fishing and minister to their wounded hearts. He was a true fisher of men. I believe Stan would want us to remember that Jesus is the answer to it all. Jesus is the answer to our pain. Jesus is the answer to our bad days. Jesus is the answer to our good days. Jesus is the friend that sticks closer than a brother.   We were not ready for you to no longer walk this earth with us Stan. In our minds eye, we have a hard time wrapping our broken hearts over the realization you are not going to walk through the doors with your gentle smile and twinkling eyes. My one consolation is the thought  that Stan is side by side with Jesus having deep conversations as they fish together.  I ask that you pray for his daughter and grandchildren as well as our Bethel Church family. This one really hurts. Please pray for the beautiful souls that he poured himself into. A huge hole has been left, who will step in and love like Stan? When at times I don't understand I turn my eyes heavenward and my heart to the one who is peace beyond understanding. Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints. The Lord gives and takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord. Even in all this, I say God is good.


Funeral Information can be found here



Comments

  1. This is so beautifully written. Stan was a once-in-a-lifetime Soul for sure. I love the part where you say he's fishing with Jesus having deep conversations! I'm going to keep that beautiful image in my head from now on as it gives me comfort knowing Stan is in Heaven with the almighty Father. I've been thinking about something today that came to me: God needs Stan by his side...Stan served here on earth and now he is serving in Heaven. Maybe he will put in a good word on all of us lol ❤

    Thank you for writing such a heartwarming tribute ❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Sound OF Freedom-My Story

One Month

When Grief Rolls In