Wisdom Day 1

 Today is day one of Bethel's 21 days of prayer and fasting as a church body.  For the days of Jan 10th to the 16th the prayer focus is for wisdom. Each day I will attempt to share a scripture from the Bible pertaining to wisdom. Proverbs 9:6 (NIV) For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.  How many times have you been faced with having to make a decision and you truly do not know what to do? As a parent this is a common occurrence for me.  Navigating parenthood of a teenager has brought me to my knees in prayer daily. I seek God to give me wisdom on how to be a parent. I can read all the books I want, but at the end of the day, what does God's Word say to do?  When I read The Bible, I will ask the Lord to give me understanding as I read. Many times, the answer to my questions will become clear as I read. I have also learned to seek Godly counsel and to speak with other parents of teens. This can apply to anyone and any situation. The Lord will give you wisdom. I believe many times He will also speak to you through a trusted and safe voice in your life. It is good to have a few who you know will seek God's face in prayer with you. One who will speak truth to you out of love, even if you don't want to hear what is being said. A wise answer may not always go with what you want to hear, but it will keep you on the path of truth and safety. If you ask God to give you wisdom on a matter, He will. When He does, receive it with an open heart and let it fall on good ground. For those of you who have the Bethel App, we will be joining in prayer Tuesdays and Thursdays via zoom from 6am to 7am. All are welcome to join in with us and pray. God is good.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sound OF Freedom-My Story

One Month

When Grief Rolls In