Crumbs and Revival

 As I mentioned before April is Revival month for Bethel.  To start if off, the Bethel Youth Group had their first official youth service in person. It was so nice for everyone to be together again. For Friday and today's service we had a guest evangelist. Until this weekend I had never heard Bro. Landon Gore preach. He is a part of the new generation of evangelists. Friday night's service was amazing, so I had a feeling Sundays was going to be good. The entire church service was like Bethel had been before the pandemic. It was so good to see the youth (my son included) at the front dancing and worshiping in total freedom. It was also really nice to have Bishop Davis and Mother Shephard present as well. Pastor Davis was on the platform and Sis Vickie Davis was in the back waving her hankie in the air. By the time Bro. Gore came up to preach, the place was fully charged and filled with faith. Bro Gore is very lively. I had my journal out to take notes and realized if I did, I would miss half of the sermon. Bro. Gore preaches all over the place. He was climbing the pews. Just as quickly as he is zooming from one side of the sanctuary, He is preaching powerful words. You can't take notes. You just need to keep your eyes on him and your ears open. He preached on being a "Crumb Snatcher". You can listen/view it here. He was talking about the mother who did not have faith or even a promise. She was just desperate for Jesus to heal her child. Desperate people can be dangerous people. Once we realize who we are in Christ, who Jesus really is for us, we can tap into this. We can rise up in anger and what we are facing and declare that enough is enough. It's ok to be angry and sin not. It's ok to take a stand for what you know to be right. It's ok to hold on and reach for the crumbs. Bro. Gore had several youth come to the front all carrying baskets filled with fresh loaves of bread. He started breaking them apart and throwing them all over the platform. He did a visual of a mother on one side of the platform and her daughter on the other side. When she picked up the crumbs, the hold that was keeping her bound would be released. When she dropped the crumb, her daughter was bound once again. I'm a visual learner. When I saw this, I wanted to shout out loud. I didn't, but I did whisper some determined prayers, right then and there. I am a mother. I am a mother at the feet of Jesus and I want Him to rise up and intervene. That mother's daughter was healed because she refused to give up and give in. At the end of the service, RJ came to me with one of the crumbs. He just handed it to me and walked away with his head held high and I could see total confidence radiating from. RJ knows who he is. He found his voice. He is walking in freedom and with a heart that was made whole in the presence of the Lord. God is good.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sound OF Freedom-My Story

One Month

When Grief Rolls In