Ocean 238


 RJ and I decided impromptu, to go to the beach. A storm is coming and we wanted to see the waves rolling in. As we walked along the water we saw a large crowd near the water. As we got closer, I realized it was a baptism.  One person after another braved the waves and were baptized. They all had matching shirts on. I walked up to one who had recently come out from the water. His shirt said “NEW ACTS 2:38”.  I congratulated him and stood with RJ and continued to watch these precious people who were hungry for God be baptized in the Ocean with the words Acts 2:38 on their shirts. Tears began to stream down my face. I began to pray for me to have eyes to see and ears to hear a hungry soul. I prayed for a revival to spread from the East Coast to the West Coast. I prayed for our churches to take this beautiful truth out of the building walls and get back to the roots. Tradition has numbed us.  I love this truth. I love our doctrinal foundations. I just don’t ever want to be satisfied with what we can fit in our walls. I want to go out and share Jesus. People want Jesus, we need to bring them Jesus! God is good 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sound OF Freedom-My Story

One Month

When Grief Rolls In