Praise Is What I Do When I Don't Know What To Do

Today's sermon at Bethel was preached by Bro. Jonathan Walker.  His sermon was titled, " Praise Is What I Do When I don't Know What To Do". His main text was taken from Psalm 150:1-6. You can watch/view it here.  He preached a great sermon about the power of praise. In all honesty, I was able to relate to what he was preaching today. I am at a point where I have no idea what is going to happen next. I can stress out about it or just praise my way through it and that is exactly what I have been doing. It's very liberating. There are three aspects to praise. I may have gotten the first one wrong, so I suggest you watch the sermon if you can. I apologize if I did not get it accurate. I will share what I have in my notes and as always, I encourage you to listen/watch it on your own. 1. Praise is your identity. 2. Praise is comely to the Lord 3. Praise changes the atmosphere. When you praise God, you open the door to step into your destiny and walk into what God has for you.  If you call yourself Apostolic, then you will know that praise is a part of your DNA. Praise is a part of your lifestyle. An Apostolic church is known for their exuberant praise. The spirit of the Lord moves, and we move with it. We are freely demonstrative in our worship to God. When we praise, we take the focus off of ourselves and the atmosphere changes. In the fire praise Him. In the wilderness praise Him. In the flood praise Him. In the storm praise Him. You can be an analytical praiser and only praise when the circumstances are perfect, or you can praise Him no matter what. Give God pure praise.  I have come to learn that if things are just going upside down and inside out, all I need to do is put on some good worship music and sing along with all I have within me. Sometimes I will blast it and start dancing in my living room. I don't care what I look like. I don't care what I sound like. My dog Pearl gets very excited when I do this. She starts barking and running around the house. She loves praise and worship time. Praise is my weapon. Praise is how I fight and win my battles. I worship when I am cleaning. I worship when I am cooking. I worship when I am baking. Why? I know and believe that when I send up the Praises, the peace of God fills the room.  God is good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sound OF Freedom-My Story

One Month

When Grief Rolls In