Holy Expectations

 I love going to church. I am thankful for moments like this Sunday during worship, where there is such a freedom of the presence of the Lord. We were given a treat, Bro. Byfield started us off with prayer. His faith is great, and I believe because of his walk with God, his prayers started the service off in the direction that it went. That is a topic I will blog about on another day. Your walk or lack of walk with God can have a huge impact on what flows from the platform. Bethel had a guest speaker, Bro. Joe Rapaglia. The Rapaglia family are family to RJ and I, thus we were excited to hear him preach. This family has something special about them. Their faith comes through, and God does mighty things in the services that they minister at. I highly recommend you have them come through your church. I took notes and will share what stood out the most to me. I suggest you watch/listen to it for yourself. You can do so here. Bro. Rapaglia preached on "Holy Expectations" and his main text was from Psalm 37:4-5. The moment I saw the verse, I chuckled to myself and thought, well this one is for me. This is the verse that my dad always quotes to me. It's the verse that I applied to my life in my 20's and it changed everything about how I lived. Bro. Rapaglia started off by saying that Destiny is Here. It was that kind of service. The kind that shapes your destiny. The kind where you leave some things at the altar. The kind where you walk away filled with the joy and hope of Glory. God loves you, will take care of you, will provide and protect you. The key is to seek Him first above all other things. How do you do this? You spend time with God in prayer. This needs to be a daily lifestyle. Prayer is how you fight your battles. Prayer is where you get the victory over any struggles you may be having Prayer is the key. It's not hard to fall in love with God when you are spending time with Him. When you go to prayer, do it with expectation. God will move upon your faith. Trust Him in the midst of your uncertainty. When you are facing a battle, the best way to fight is through prayer and worship. Pray Until Something Happens. The more you pray, the stronger your faith becomes. The stronger your faith becomes, the more your hope grows. You can try to fight your battles on your own and end up feeling frustrated and exhausted. Or you can go to God in prayer over the situation and praise Him in advance for the outcome to take place. Once you do this, you can take your hands off it, step back and dance your way to victory. Have Holy Expectations that God will keep His promises and bring your victory to pass. God is good.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sound OF Freedom-My Story

One Month

When Grief Rolls In