My Heart Overflows

 Today marked the last day of Bethel's 21 days of prayer and fasting. The worship today was beautiful. Sis. Shalah Smith led us in worship in such a way that it brought us straight into the throne room of heaven. Bro. Jonathan Walker preached a sermon entitled, "Incline My Heart". His main text was taken from Psalm 141. He preached on the importance of positioning your heart towards Jesus. He reminded us that Jesus didn't sin, but He did hurt. His mercies are new every morning. If you turn your heart towards Him, He will come towards you. His love for you is more than you could ever imagine. It was an outstanding sermon. I always enjoy hearing him preach. The best part for me was hearing Pastor Davis. He gave us a mini sermon and then led us as church family in communion. I have missed hearing him preach. I have missed seeing him in the pulpit. Bethel loves our Shepherd. We are so thankful and grateful to have him guide us through the importance and the seriousness of communion. Then, he led us in worship. Our pastor smiled as he sang and then I looked around and that same joy spread through the entire congregation. My heart overflows today. As a church family we have walked beside our pastor as he loved on his wife through sickness. We held him in prayer as he grieved her loss. We continue to do so, for this is a long journey, the road called grief. We also rejoice with him as we did so today. We may have ended our 21 days of prayer and fasting, but this is not the end for Bethel. This is the beginning of a new year, of new vision and of great revival. The Best Is Yet To Come! God is good! 

You can listen/view today's service here.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sound OF Freedom-My Story

One Month

When Grief Rolls In