Things Are Not As They Appear

 We had a guest speaker today at Bethel. Bro. Robert Costa is no stranger to us. He preached a dynamic sermon. I started to take notes, but when it comes to Bro. Costa, I can't write things down fast enough to get the complete sentence. He preached on "Things Are Not As They Appear". His main text was from Romans 4:18-20.  As he was preaching, I kept glancing over at my son. His facial expressions were priceless to me. Bro. Costa had no knowledge of the conversation RJ and I had over lunch this past weekend. He said almost word for word things that RJ had expressed and then in turn answered those very questions and concerns straight from the Word of God. This is the beauty of walking with the Lord. God cares about every detail of our lives. He hears every prayer that we pray. It's not always the big things we pray for, it's even the simple things. RJ is a huge Tolkien and C.S. Lewis fan. Bro. Costa even brought them into his sermon today. I am sure this sermon was a blessing to many, but it especially was for RJ. I want to encourage you to not go by what you see. Allow your eyes to be opened to see that God is with you. God has your miracle and answer in the waiting. Don't give up. Don't let your faith falter. Hold on to what God has promised you. Trust Him, even in the time of waiting. Things may look like nothing is happening, but in truth, God is doing a work. Hold on to God's unchanging hand. Do not go by as things appear, walk instead by faith and not by sight. God is good.

The entire service was amazing.  I encourage you to watch/listen to it here.  People were lingering at the altar, no one wanted to go home. There is a hunger for a real encounter with God that is happening all over the USA and the world. Don't let this pass you by. Grab ahold of this. Reach out to God, He is there at the mention of His name, Jesus.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sound OF Freedom-My Story

One Month

When Grief Rolls In