Thankful 2023

While at work today I was thinking over the past few years. Some things in life are not as I would have hoped they would be. If I focused on those things, I could easily stay down. In doing so I would miss all the good things that are happening around me. Life is filled with the good and the bad. There are times of joy and sorrow. The past few months have been a time of change for me. I have watched my son make some really wonderful friends. He is excelling in school. Plugged in at church. He has found his voice and knows what direction he wants to go in life. I am very proud of him. He is also spreading his wings and I know as a parent; I need to step back and give him the space he needs so he can fly. For me personally, I have learned to be content. I won't lie, there are some days, when all I can see is everything that is going wrong, but then I look at all that is happening, and refocus on what matters. I love my church. I love my family. I have some really amazing friends. I have found joy in my job. Every day I go to work, it feels like a gift to me. Today, we had a staff Thanksgiving Lunch. I looked around at my coworkers and I was overwhelmed with gratitude. Life may not always go the way you want it to, but it's all about your perspective. You can say the rose has thorns, of you can say the thorn has roses. I choose to say the thorn has roses and focus on the beauty that is around me on a daily basis. This year I am just simply thankful for contentment. God is good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sound OF Freedom-My Story

One Month

When Grief Rolls In