A Plan And A Future

 


I have had several people ask me when I was going to start blogging again. I wasn't sure if I should or not. I am going to try to start this up again simply for the few who do read it. Church life in NC is very different. It's a good different, not that church life in NY was bad. I loved Bethel and the NY churches.  The church we attend has two services on a Sunday, RJ and I like to help and try our best to be at both services. Every other Sunday, we help out at a Home Missions church. There is so much more that I am not going to list, but serving the church for me, is the breath that I breath. If that was all I did, I would be the happiest. Of course that is not an option, the bills need to be paid. I am now a little over 2 months into being totally and officially single. I am happy and content. There are days when it's hard. There are days when I want someone to grow old with. There are days when I am so thankful that I am single. I think this is normal.  Overall, I am very happy now and life is much better in many ways. A lot has happened in a very short time. I was hired to teach. I left said teaching job and will leave it at that. Tomorow, I start at a new place. I am learning something completely new. It's a little scary, but I believe I am supposed to be there for now. One of the things about multiple services on Sunday, I sometimes hear 3 different sermons. The last one for tonight was on Jeremiah 29. While Sis. Brown was preaching, my mind kept wandering over the past four years that led to RJ and I now living in NC. Sometimes, life does not go to plan. Sometimes, God's plan for your life doesn't match yours. I do believe that God has something for RJ's life and for my life. RJ is adjusting well here. He is happy. I am learning to navigate being single. I say navigate, because sometimes I am scared that I will give the wrong impression to a single guy. I turn 48 in two days. I am a very friendly person. I am open to something more, if that is God's plan. That being said, I am truly worried when I talk to or look in the direction of someone, I know is single that they will think I am pursuing them. When I was married, I was just friendly with everyone. Now I am not, and I have to learn to relax, be myself and hope I don't offend anyone along the way. I have also in my free time, discovered horses. They have been my favorite animal, my entire life. I just never really had the chance to get to be near them very often. There is a park near where I live that has a lot of horses. Sometimes in the evenings, I sit in my lawn chair with a cup of tea and just enjoy the peace and tranquility of the sunset with the horses. They are getting used to me and are learning my voice. One horse in particular comes to me and we have started to bond. Maybe one day, I will get to ride this horse.   I guess tonight's blog is a bit of everything and sort of rambling. It's been a while, but I would like to start up again. Hopefully, it will have a better direction and will be a blessing to you, the reader. One thing I can say. Over the past few months that RJ and I have lived in NC, Jesus has become very real to me. I have always had a close walk with God. I have been a woman of prayer for a long time. These past two months, I have truly found a depth and trust in God, like I have never had before in my life. He is making me new. He is giving me a new heart. I believe He is giving me a new life. If I can leave you with something to encourage you. No matter how difficult situations might become in your life, trust God.  Trust Him. He will walk with you through it all. He does have a plan and a future for you. God is good.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sound OF Freedom-My Story

One Month

When Grief Rolls In