Home



Home-we often hear is where the heart is. I have talked about this in the past. My home is in places, people and yes even food. Yesterday was my 48th birthday. It was probably one of the best I have had in a long time. Even though learning new things at my new job is a challenge for me and I struggle with not wanting to make mistakes, I truly do like where I am at. I was pleasantly surprised when they brought me flowers.  I normally am not a flower girl because I hate to see flowers die, but I was genuinely touched, and they were very beautiful. The entire day yesterday was just a good day. Today, I would say mid-day, I just became so homesick. Homesick for my family in CA and in other places. Homesick for people in NY that I treasure a great deal.  Just a hug or to hear their voice would go a long way. Home. I miss home. It's going to take me time to adjust here. It's a good place and I know I need to give myself and RJ grace as we adjust to a different way of life. I think everyone can agree, sometimes you just miss home.  God is good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sound OF Freedom-My Story

One Month

When Grief Rolls In