Rivers In A Dry Land



 I happen to really love reading the Bible in The Passion Translation. It brings it to life in a whole new way for me.  Isaiah 43:19 "For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland".  This scripture came to me tonight as we were having all church prayer. He brought back to my remembrance a promise He made me almost two years ago. I was standing in the desert, and a river flowed through it. He promised me that if I would just hold on to Him, he would make rivers flow in my life. Tonight, as I was thanking the Lord for an amazing first day of work, I realized that is exactly what has begun. I spent the day learning a lot of new things. I really enjoy the people I get to work with. I left feeling light inside.  I am thankful for the grace given to me as I learn a completely new trade. It's like learning a new language. I'm thankful for the church RJ and I attend and the way we are so deeply loved. I'm thankful for the beautiful weather we had today. I have much to be thankful for. I get to lay my head down tonight on my pillow and sleep in peace. God has given me rivers that are flowing freely. God is good. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sound OF Freedom-My Story

One Month

When Grief Rolls In