To Honor Reverend Lee Stoneking
Reverend Lee Stoneking, born in 1940, went to his eternal reward on September 21, 2026. The week of his passing I had been thinking about him and remembering our time ministering in Taiwan. I grew up hearing him preach. I sat in the awe consuming presence of the Lord that would fall when he spoke and my life was impacted forever. I admired him from afar. Then one day our lives connected over the phone. He was on speaker phone with a young minister, and I had a few words to say about their conversation. He laughed so hard over the phone that he declared he just had to meet me. It was not too long after that conversation we were both overseas in Taiwan. I was there doing missions work and he was there to preach a conference. When he realized I was that girl over the phone he laughed and laughed. We became instant friends. I will never forget him taking my hands into his. looking me in the eyes and telling me what he saw. During that trip we had many heart to hearts. I cherish our conversations. For years, I had his words tucked away in a box and had placed them on a shelf. Today as I watched his Memorial Service, I listened to the words he has asked to be given to anyone he had ever prophesied over. I lifted my hands in my mind's eye; I took that box off the shelf and opened it. With my voice I received what he prophesied over me over 20 years ago. We had been sitting on the coral rock watching the people from our group snorkeling in the water below. He was sharing some recipe that he liked to cook. He stopped, grabbed my hand and his head began to rock back and forth. With a powerful voice he told me that I was not sent to one people. That when I finally accepted the calling and fully embraced it, I was going to reach the nations. He shouted, THE NATIONS! He shared other things too, that I will keep between myself, Bro. Stoneking and the Lord. He then changed the conversation to a seashell he had found and how he was going to turn it into a soap dish. This was followed by my getting soaked by a wave and him laughing hysterically over it. That was Lee Stoneking. A prophet who walked with God 24/7. A magnificent human being with the best sense of humor. He preached Jesus everywhere he went. He had no fear. He loved people. Most of all he loved his God. I honor his legacy. I embrace what he spoke over me all those years ago. I don't need to know the how, I just need to show up without fear to where God is and let Him do the rest. The link to his Memorial Service can be found here. God is good.



Comments
Post a Comment